Amazon.com.au is officially online. Most of you might feel happy about the launch of Amazon Australia. However, it is not the Amazon store that Australians have been waiting for. So here are the facts you need to know about Amazon Australia and how can you exactly shop at Amazon from Australia.
1. Is Amazon.com.au the official local online store of Amazon in Australia?
For e-books, YES. For everything else, NO. Amazon.com.au is only an E-book store where you can buy and then download electronic books for your Kindle. It does not sell anything other than e-books.
2. It’s an e-book store. I saw Kindle devices displayed all over the website. Can I buy Kindle Paperwhite or Kindle Fire HDX straight from Amazon.com.au?
NO. Amazon.com.au only displays Kindle Devices on its website but it does not take orders directly. What it does is that it lists down their authorised local retailers and a link to Amazon.com (not amazon.com.au) Global page where you can buy Kindle coming from the USA store. In fact, you can go straight to Amazon USA store to order a Kindle device.
Here are the direct links where you can order the Kindle from Amazon Global with their corresponding price. The prices listed herein includes standard shipping to Australia.
- Kindle (wi-fi only) – USD 100.98
- Kinde Paperwhite (wi-fi only) – USD 150.98
- Kindle Paperwhite (with free 3G) – USD 220.98
- Kindle Fire HD – USD 168.97
- Kindle Fire HDX (7″) – USD 258.97
- Kindle Fire HDX (8.9″) – USD 408.97
3. I want to buy something other than E-books at Amazon, how can I do that if Amazon.com.au is only an E-book store?
You can do that by shopping at Amazon Global Page. This page is located at Amazon.com (Amazon USA) where all items that can be shipped to Internationally (and that includes Australia) are sorted. The items includes clothing, watches, jewelry, shoes, home tools, electronics, kindle, books and many other types of products. Currently, there are more than 50 Million items listed at the Amazon Global page. Here is the link to that page.
If you want to know more about Amazon Global, we have published an article here that talks about it and instructions and details specific for Australian Customers.