You’re most likely looking for “Amazon Australia” and other similar terms related to the Australian website of Amazon. Probably a “.au” or “.com.au” site. Regrettably, you failed to find any local Amazon Store that provides online shopping specifically for Australia. Amazon does not have a store dedicated for the Australian market. However, there are number of ways by which you can shop at Amazon.com even if you are in Australia. We covered these ways below.
Three Ways Australians can Shop at Amazon:
FIRST, Amazon delivers a huge inventory of its merchandise worldwide. Yes, including Australia. This particular service of Amazon is known as Amazon Global. More details are provided below.
SECOND, you can purchase from Amazon USA utilizing a virtual USA Address that some businesses like SHIPITO provides. You will find more details about this below.
Here’s a friendly advice though. Why not try some of Australia’s local online store? There are a number of trusted stores in Australia where you can shop online. For sure, some items listed at Amazon.com are also available locally. We have provided a short list of these stores here.
The products that may be shipped directly to Australia include:
- The New Generation Kindle ereader series
- Small electronics such as the SD memory module or stereo system earbud earphones
- Books (see a number of Amazon’s Best-selling Books here)
Here is the complete inventory of items that are available for delivery in Australia. Click Here.
Freight Forwarders Makes Importing Hassle-Free
For items that can’t be shipped directly to Australia, you need to get yourself a virtual USA shipping address so that you can have the items delivered to you in Australia. This is how you get it:
- Obtain a USA Shipping Address. This address will be used in the intermediary shipping, i.e. from Amazon to this address and from this address; the provider will ship it to Australia. Get the USA address from these companies on this link. In our experience, Shipito.com is by far the best address provider not only because they have a great customer service but also their rates are cheaper than competitors.
- The address provider will give your address most likely via an Email notification after you have signed up. Some may require some identity verification. The cost of the virtual address and other services start at $8.50.
- Start shopping making use of your USA virtual address. When ordering at Amazon, make use of your USA address, the one assigned to you by the provider, as the Shipping Address. For your Billing Address, use the address of your credit card, which is most likely an Australian address if the same is issued in Australia. Note that your account may undergo verification and might be suspended while verification is pending. This is just normal and it won’t take long for as long as you provided the needed information. This verification will apply only to first time shoppers of Amazon. Faxing the needed bank statement to Amazon will expedite the process.
- Just wait for your item and authorize its delivery to Australia. When Amazon has already sent the item to your virtual USA address, the address provider through email will inform you about it or you can monitor the package you have with your address by logging into your account with the address provider. If the item is in your USA address, just login to your with the address provider and the latter will provide you with an estimate of the delivery fee to your address in Australia. If everything’s fine, you may now authorize the sending of the item to your real address and just wait for the courier to deliver it to your home.